Thursday, June 12, 2008

Prensky Discussion - Week #2

Marc Prensky's writings on technology in education are great readings for discussions in the college level classroom. I have my students search the internet for an article and answer a few questions about their reading. We have an excellent group discussion in class. It was very interesting reading my classmates perspective on his writings.

I always reflect upon the fact that no matter what I do - I will always be a digital immigrant.

My first experience with a computer was in grade school - we played a group game about Pioneers out West. I don't remember the name of the game, but I do remember that only the librarian was allowed to actually touch the computer.

My first real experience using computers wasn't until I is was 19 and on the job. All my computer experience and training has been on the job – at least until now, almost 20 years later as a Ed Computing major at BSC.

No comments: